Mercy Community Services (MCS) provide professional and compassionate support for people with disabilities and their families based on our core values of mercy, acceptance, excellence, integrity, compassion and empowerment.
We provide a safe and comfortable environment for each person to receive support and training. People who engage in our services are in the driver’s seat about how they would like to receive their support services. Knowing that our services are planned, accurately documented, skillfully implemented, regularly evaluated and modified ensures you receive the best quality of service possible.
We offer a diverse range of support to meet individual needs and interests including:
- supporting people living independently in the community
- assisting people with supported accommodation
- an innovative post school service, focusing on continued learning and growth
- providing an engaging and dynamic day services program
- supporting family members and caregivers with respite in their own homes or through one of our respite services
- providing a responsive emergency respite service to people in critical need
- providing paid employment, voluntary and work experience opportunities for people with a disability within the Cookery Nook Catering and Conference Centre.
Our support is built on the foundations of listening to the stories, dreams and goals of each person. Our team are passionate disability specialists committed to working collaboratively, flexibly and persistently to help each person live a healthy, happy and meaningful life. With over 30 years experience supporting people with a disability, at MCS we are proud of our history of supporting people to:
- develop and maintain a variety of meaningful and reciprocal relationships
- obtain and maintain a place to call home – either living independently or with others
- participate in recreational activities of their choice
- be a valued and contributing member of their local community
- develop and maintain a range of life skills that support independence and growth
- engage in further education
- obtain paid or voluntary work
- respond to emergency circumstances, for example illness, hospitalisation, emergency respite
- transition through various life stages and plan for their future
- we also provide valuable planned and emergency in-home and centre based respite options for families and care givers.
MCS is an approved Host Provider under the Queensland Governments ‘Your Life, Your Choice’ initiative, which we collaboratively work through alongside individuals and their families to self-direct support and services for greater choice and control to meet individual needs.
Accreditations and processes
- Accredited against the Human Services Quality Framework (HSQF).
- Our Cookery Nook Catering and Conference Centre has achieved a High Level – 4 Star Food Safety Rating with the Brisbane City Council.
- Have certified processes and quality systems to support and promote responsive quality service delivery.
- Implement risk management strategies throughout the organisation to promote the safety of all persons engaged with our services.
- Embed continuous improvement as part of our culture so we are continuously learning and growing to adapt and respond to the changing disability sector and individual needs.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and show you around the services to meet our wonderful team and hear
first-hand about how our support services are making a real difference in people’s lives.
Please contact MCS Executive Director to schedule a suitable time.