Every year caring supportive people donate their time, skills and talent to enrich the lives of people with a disability. You can make a difference too!
Mercy Community Services (MCS) is always looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to participate in a wide variety of activities to contribute to our mission.
Our volunteers can be male or female, any age and from any cultural background. Some volunteer as a member of a regular team while others volunteer at times and places that suit their busy lifestyle.
Volunteers are supported through:
- free education and training programs
- opportunities to gain pre-employment experience in the caring professions
- ongoing support from the Mercy team
- reimbursement of out of pocket expenses including petrol, fares and phone calls
- free and confidential professional counselling
- social interaction with other volunteers.
Our generous and gifted volunteers help as:
- Companions spending time with people engaging in similar interests, visiting people in their home or supporting people to access their local community.
- Leisure Assistants helping with arts and craft, games and sing-alongs and supporting small groups on community outings for exercise and social activities.
- Supporting people to develop new skills such as learning the piano, cooking, social skills etcetera.
- Cooks and kitchen attendants through the Cookery Nook Catering and Conference Centre.
- Administrative and support roles in many and varied ways.
Find out more
For more information or to register your interest in becoming a volunteer with MCS Disability Services please contact our Program Coordinator on (07) 3866 4224.